02 Aug 2017, 10:51
August's Sale is here! Until August 14th, Enjoy 40% off:Since the last announcement, the following updates have been made to the server:
- Server has been updated to 1.12. Any client version from 1.9 - 1.12 should be able to connect.
- Upgraded the server hardware with a faster CPU, twice the RAM, and twice the SSD space.
- When the server you're on restarts, you'll be teleported to the Hub server instead of disconnected.
- The holograms in the Hub server will display when a server is restarting so you know when you can reconnect.
- You can now harvest crops in Towny by simply right-clicking them.
- You can now safely trade with other players in Towny with the command, "/trade (Player)".
- Towny World Borders are now visible.
- Spawners in Towny can only be mined if they were purchased from the store.
- Added a new disguise system to Towny that utilizes a menu instead of commands.
- Added more disguises to each rank in Towny.
- Added the ability to register on the website in-game with "/register".
- Added more benefits to the YouTube rank.
- Added a 10% chance for mobs and players to drop their head in Towny when killed by a player.
- Increased Monster spawn rates in Towny.
- Trees in Towny will have gravity once you starting chopping it, which speeds up the process of cutting down trees and helps prevent floating tree tops. You can toggle this on/off for yourself with, "/treesfall".
- Towny plugin updates:
- Town mayors can use "/town say (Message)" to broadcast a message to all online players in their town.
- Nation Kings can use "/nation say (Message)" to broadcast a message to all online players in their nation.
- Town mayors can outlaw a player from their town with "/town outlaw (add|remove) (Player)". This will kick the player from the town if they're a member and prevent them from rejoining the town if your town is open to public joining.
- You can use "/town outlawlist [town]" to view the town's list of outlaws.
- You can use "/town war participants [page #]" to view a list of towns and their nations who are participating in War. The list will highlight enemies, allies, and capital towns.
- You can use "/res set mode ignoreplots" to not see plot notifications when moving across plots in town.
- You can use "/res set mode constantplotborder" or "/res toggle constantplotborder" to see plot borders every 5 seconds.
- Fixed using McMMO in the VoteMine.
- Fixed being unable to create a town, claim land, or claim plots during War in Towny if your Town or Nation is neutral.
- Fixed ranks on the website not syncing with your rank on the server.
- Fixed Parrot spawn rates in Towny Jungles.
- Fixed Nether and End worlds not resetting every other week in Towny.
- Disabled land reverting to it's original terrain when unclaiming it or deleting a town in Towny.
- Disabled being unable to build or break in the Wilderness in Towny. As such, I removed the Mining world in Towny.
- Disabled the vanilla Recipe Book auto-crafting feature due to duplication exploits. I'll re-enable it when the exploit is patched.
- Lots of bug fixes.
- You can see all the things on my To-Do List in the #to-do channel of our Discord server at http://discord.gg/PandaCraft.
11 Jun 2017, 00:56
Woo, Towny's here! Finally, right?
This incarnation of Towny brings back some of that good old vanilla feel from PandaCraft's early days. Unlike the previous Adventure or Magic Towny servers, this Towny server is simple, easy to use, and features a 16,000 x 16,000 vanilla map. You can join Towny by using the command, "/towny", clicking the hologram in the Hub server, entering the portal in the Hub server, or connecting directly to "towny.pandacraft.org". Here's a breakdown of some of its other features:
- Player Shop market system. Search for items to buy with "/buy", sell items with "/sell", or browse shops with "/shop".
- Jobs plugin for making money. Right-click the Job Manager NPC at spawn to access the list of jobs.
- Mining World for resource mining. Access it with "/mine". This world resets on the first of every month and has a random 1,000 x 1,000 vanilla map.
- War event every weekend. War starts 12:00 AM EST on Saturday and ends 11:59PM EST on Sunday.
- Many of the same features on Skyblock, such as Cases, Case Armor Sets, Custom Fish and Fishing Contests, Elevators/Bridges/Gates, and more! Sorry, no Machines or Cargo Networks. =(
In addition to the new Towny server, I've added back in a Hub server where new players will spawn in when they join the server network. The Hub server gives you two Holograms you can click or two Portals you can enter in order to warp to either Towny or Skyblock. Restart times for each server are now different so there should always be one server up and running while another's restarting. You can access the Hub at any time with "/hub", just as you can access Skyblock and Towny with "/skyblock" and "/towny".
The Towny server is still brand new, so if you come across any bugs please report them either here in the forums or on our Discord server here: http://www.discord.gg/PandaCraft
In other great news, the Summer Sale is here! Enjoy 50% off EVERYTHING for an entire month!
Sale ends July 10th, so be sure to grab what you want before then at http://store.pandacraft.org!